Hi Everyone! It's Savithri back with another baking recipe. My mom is a teacher and can't eat peanut butter often because her school is a nut-free zone. Over the holidays I baked these tasty cookies to let my mom get her fill of the peanut-y goodness!
These thin, crisp cookies are sweet and savoury at the same time and are a little chewy in the centre. I put a Smartie (candy-coated chocolate) in the middle which makes the cookie look more fun to eat!
Here is the recipe which I got from this site.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter, sugars, milk and vanilla.
3. Stir in peanut butter and add flour and baking soda.
4. Drop from a teaspoon on to an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Press Smartie or chocolate chip in to the center or push in with a fork to create a pattern.
6. Bake in oven for 10-13 minutes.
7. Let it cool for at least five minutes before transferring to a cooking rack.