Pooja's Masala Macaroni
2 cups macaroni, 1 tbsp garlic paste, small pieces of cabbage and capsicum - finely chopped, cheese, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 1.5 tbsp soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp tomato ketchup, salt and black pepper to taste, 1 cup of any shredded cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cook the macaroni for 5-7 minutes in boiling water. Add some salt while boiling it for taste.
2. Add 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add garlic paste. Let it fry until golden brown.
3. Add chopped cabbage and capsicum, let them cook for 3 -5 mins.
4. Add boiled macaroni, salt, black pepper, soy sauce, vinegar and ketchup. Let it cook for about 3 - 5 mins.
5. Sprinkle some cheese while cooking it.
6. Empty it out in a baking dish, sprinkle cheese on the top and bake it for 10 min.
1. Heat oil in pan, add jeera.
2. When the jeera splutters, add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
3. Add green chillies, tomato, ginger/garlic paste, haldi and dhania powder.
5. Fry till the oil separates, then add chola, curd and fry for 10 min.
6. Add 1 cup water,jeera powder,amchur powder and garam masala powder, stir and cover.
7. Cook on low heat for 15-20min or till the oil separates.
1 cup arhar daal, 1 medium size onion-chopped, 1 tsp grated garlic, 1 tomato- chopped, 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, 1 tsp coriander powder, salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp green chili powder
1. Pressure cook daal in around 3 cups of water
2. In a skillet heat the oil.
3. Spatter cumin seeds and asafoetida in this oil
4. Add onion and garlic and fry till golden fry with occasional stirring.
5. Add rest of the masalas and tomato.
6. Cook till the paste leaves the sides of the vessel.
7. Add cooked daal to this paste and give it a boil.
8. Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.