This is such a great recipe to use up bread at the end of the week, as well as being super fast to prepare. Its also a great idea for Saturday morning breakfasts, when you have the time to make something hot. Shankar threw this together for me as an after work snack. I've seen a few recipes on other blogs, but this method we got from my MIL.
10 slices of bread, 1 tomato diced, 1 small onion minced, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp mustard seeds, a few curry leaves, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 large green chili minced, a few curry leaves, cilantro chopped
1. Cut the bread into 1" cubes. Sprinkle with water and salt.
2. Splutter the mustard seeds in oil, add the cumin seeds and curry leaves.
3. Add the green chili and fry it. Add the turmeric and red chili powder.
4. Add the onions and fry them. Add the tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
5. Add the bread and mix thoroughly. Add salt.
6. Add chopped cilantro as a garnish.