Update: Trupti's Winter Food Blogging turned into Spring Fling 2007, and Shankar's Entry Won!! Thanks for the great prizes Trupti!
The second course for our impromptu dinner party last night was a delicious Thai Green Curry, served with rice. This is by far one of the best dishes that my husband makes. It is SO good. I want some more now.
Thai Green Curry
1/2 cup thai basil, 1/2 cup cilantro, 3-4 green chillis, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, 2 cups coconut milk, tbsp ginger, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 small red onion sliced onion, 1/2 a large green pepper thinly sliced, 1 lemongrass stalk, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sriracha chili garlic sauce, 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts, 1 package extra firm tofu diced into cubes.
1. Deep fry, or shallow fry the tofu in sesame oil. Keep aside.
2. Grind up the basil, cilantro, chillis, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds.
3. Saute the onion, and green pepper with ginger and black pepper.
4. And the blended mixture, coconut milk, and lemongrass to the onions etc. Bring to simmer.
5. Add soy sauce, sriracha and crushed peanuts. Add the fried tofu and mix. Remove the lemongrass before serving.
6. Serve with rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Verdict: Some of Shankar's friends requested the recipe so they could recreate this again themselves. He gets requests from Savithri and I to make this dish all the time! A+ for presentation from the peanut gallery.
ps. I've decided to submit this for Trupti's Weekend Food Blogging Event.